Instrumentation Software Engineer
SAN DIEGO, CA | FULL TIME
Full Job Description
Position Title: Instrumentation Software Engineer
Job Summary: Design and implement software to control optomechanical hardware components for high-content screening and fully automated high-speed video microscopy instruments. The software will control optical, mechanical, and electronics modules in a very tightly (electronic and software) synchronized architecture, as part of Vala’s Kinetic Image Cytometer (KIC®) and its associated add-on hardware modules.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Design, revise, document, and deploy code within the current software architecture.
- Implement overlaying graphical user interfaces that directly interact with hardware components.
- Direct and interact with all hardware development and application groups to ensure proper and timely implementation of processes and control schema.
- Interact with field engineers and technical support personnel external to the company regarding the programming, operation, and integration of hardware control components into Vala’s instrument hardware.
- Assist in providing technical support and maintaining code deployed to external customers.
Qualification & Skills
- Advanced degree (MS, PhD) in Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Expertise in LabVIEW required with LabVIEW certification. CLD, CLED, or CLA certification preferred. Additional fluency in other programming languages (C/C++/C#, Matlab, Java) is a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge and adherence to best practices in LabVIEW development including documentation and style required (with resume/cover letter, please provide LabVIEW code examples written by the candidate).
- Experience with hardware control and automation.
- Experience with design and implementation of graphical user interfaces.
- Experience with fluorescence microscopy or related experience with image analysis or medical imaging is a plus.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Good problem-solving & troubleshooting skills.
- Good organization skills.
- Capable of working independently and in a team environment to a production schedule.
Salary: $ , depending on experience
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Vala Sciences, Inc., builds high-speed (AKA super-slow motion) video microscopy instruments (IC200-KIC) for single-cell analyses of fast activities (action potentials, contraction, etc.) of human stem cell-derived brain, heart, muscle, and other cell types; develops and validates assays and screens to use in early drug development in pharmaceutical companies; and partners with them to perform services to develop new medical therapies.
Please use the form below to submit your cover letter and resume. Please note: ONLY PDF & MS WORD (max file size 3mb) files can be uploaded.