Manufacturing SOP Writer
SAN DIEGO, CA | FULL TIME
Full Job Description
Position Title: Manufacturing SOP Writer
Job Summary: Vala Sciences Inc. is a privately-held, pioneering biotechnology firm based in San Diego, California. We are currently expanding our Engineering/Manufacturing group and are seeking candidates with expertise in writing Manufacturing documentation and SOPs. The candidate may also be tasked with assembling electro-mechanical subassemblies, as needed, to meet production and delivery deadlines. The subassemblies involve optical, mechanical, and electronics components related to Vala’s Kinetic Image Cytometer (KIC®) and its associated add-on hardware modules.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Create, edit, and revise documentation related to the manufacture and testing of instruments and add-on modules. These documents include, but are not limited to, standard operating procedures (SOPs), standard work instructions (SWIs), and bills of materials (BOMs).
- Help identify areas of improvement to senior personnel to make the manufacturing process more efficient, consistent, and reliable.
- Understand 3D models (e.g. SolidWorks), 2D assembly drawings, circuit board designs, standard operating procedures, product manuals related to microscope parts, components, and subassemblies.
- Assist with the manufacture and/or testing of instruments and add-on modules, as needed, to meet production and delivery deadlines.
- Teach technicians and other newly-hired personnel to build instruments and test components.
Qualification & Skills
- Bachelor’s of Science degree or higher degree in Science, Engineering, or related technical field.
- Experience with fluorescence microscopy or related experience with image analysis or medical imaging is a plus.
- Manual dexterity and ability to do fine assembly requiring accuracy and precision.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Good problem-solving & troubleshooting skills.
- Good organization skills.
- Capable of working independently and in a team environment to a production schedule.
Salary: $60k – 85k, depending on experience
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Vala Sciences, Inc., builds high-speed (AKA super-slow motion) video microscopy instruments (IC200-KIC) for single-cell analyses of fast activities (action potentials, contraction, etc.) of human stem cell-derived brain, heart, muscle, and other cell types; develops and validates assays and screens to use in early drug development in pharmaceutical companies; and partners with them to perform services to develop new medical therapies.
Please use the form below to submit your cover letter and resume. Please note: ONLY PDF & MS WORD (max file size 3mb) files can be uploaded.